Saturday, March 13, 2010

Long Catchup Post....

So, wow, I just realized I have been ignoring this blog for some time now and it's time for an update. I have so much to share!

Life is so much more calm now with applications all finished, two week break and Science Bowl and Science Olympiad Regional competitions over with. Tokay won first place in both, and I'll be headed to Washington DC for National Science Bowl and Fresno for State Science Olympiad. In addition to this traveling, I will also be visiting MIT with my sister for CPW. I think I can officially say this is the best senior year any nerd could have.

I have also been doing a lot of fibery things since the last time I posted.

This is some nice stash enhancement from paradise fibers. I really fell in love with the idea of christmas socks. The yarn is beautiful, soft and sparkly. I can't wait to work with this.



Since I'm spinning yarn for my senior project, I dyed some wool roving around christmas time. That was a learning experience all right. Never dye any roving during winter, it takes FOREVER to dry. And the doggy really likes warm sheep smell, she wanted a bite of the roving really, really bad.

I've also spun a few hanks of yarn: two just need finishing, and two are in the spinning singles stage. I plan on finishing them, plus a few more during break for my project. Pictures will be available soon.

And finally, a book review!
The Joy of Sox
This is an absolutely amazing book of sock knitting. With its cheesy but oh so hilarious sexual inuendos and beautiful socks, it really is a must have pattern book for those who love sock knitting. I was very impressed. I've never liked a clothing book as much as I enjoy this one. At some point, I'm probably going to make every one of these socks, with the exception of maybe two of the 30+ patterns. It is also a very good book if you want to substitute handspun, handpainted yarn as the patterns use largely the same thing. I highly recommend it to everyone.
All for now...




No comments:

Post a Comment